Saturday, April 23, 2005

A book and a test

So, today I took that test you have to take in order to get in to running start. It was easy and I passed the English. I did not pass the math but I was close. I was rusty because I didn't take any math this year. I got assessed in to MATH 099 which is intermediate algebra. I have yet to take geometry yet so I wasn't really planning on taking a math class in fall. There was a guy I know from tae kwon do and he pasted to so that was nice-ish for him. The person that was giving instructions and told you if you passed was annoying.

I'm reading this book that I thought some of you might like called "The Terminal Man". All you need to know about it is contained in this paragraph:

Admitting Psychiatric Summary:
This 34-year old man has documented ADL syndrome of 2 years' duration. The etiology is presumably traumatic, following an automobile accident. This patient has already tried to kill two people, and has been involved with fights with several others. Any statement that he "feels funny" or "smells something bad" should be respected as indicating the start of a seizure. Under such circumstances, notify the NPS and Hospital Security at once.
The patient has an accompanying personality disorder which is part of his disease. He is convinced that machines are conspiring to take over the world. These beliefs are strongly held and any attempts to dissuade him will only draw his enmity and suspicion. One should also remember that he is a highly intelligent and sensitive man. The patient can be quit demanding at times, but should be treated with firmness and respect.
His intelligence and articulate manner may lead one to forget that his attitudes are not willful. He suffers an organic disease which has affected his mental state. Beneath it all he is frightened and concerned about what is happening to him.

Ok, most of the information. If you want to check it out it is by Michael Crichton. It is very good in my opinion.

Comments:
Congrats! Though it was expected that you would pass since it's an easyish test.

I have to take the math assessment all over again since 1) The time period allowed until you have to retake it has lapsed and 2) I only scored into Math 105 which is a different branch of math then what I need.

Do you have any idea as to what degree your going to go for?
 
No I don't. I will probably have a better idea when I know what classes they're offering, and which ones I want to take, and which ones fit in to my high school gaduation needs, and which ones I can get a ride to, and if the H.O.M.E program is offering any classes I want to take. Then I can see which degree the classe I'm going to take fit in to and such. It's just going to be awhile before I even get that far. I meen I could narrow it down somewhat because there are some degrees that aren't going to help me in the future because I'm not interested in those fields. But yeah, don't know right now.
 
What is the H.O.M.E. program?

Basically if you take the classes required for a standard degree, you'll get the credits for High School.
 
The H.O.M.E program is like an atternitive high school. It is ment to be like a home schooling thing but in high school it's not really. I take five classes two times a week and get high school credit for them. They give me homework and I do the homework. It's that simple.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]