Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Blue Skies

Due to my laziness/uncooperation I only took three credits worth of classes last year. That is I bad thing to do. I know. And this year, if I finish doing these health packets, I will only have done five credits worth of classes. Not as bad but it should be six, if not more to make up for the year before. Needless to say I was a bit worried about graduating on time. I'm a laid-back sort of person so I wasn't losing any sleep over it, but I was uneasy.

Now things are looking up. And no just up but, dare I say it?, fun. Somewhat anyway, as much as school can be fun. I did the math, and because 5 college credits are worth a full high school credit all I have to do is pass three classes a quarter and I will have all the credits I need in five quarters. And that's not all, after I get all the annoying classes that are required like L.A. I will still need to get 5.5 H.S credits of electives. That means I can take anything I want (in theory anyway)for two quarters, if I do the other things first. This is not taking in to account that I would still have a quarter left of running start and no more classes needed. All that is assuming that the classes I take would be 5 college credits for all those classes.

The classes I end up taking will be dependent on what is offered at the H.O.M.E program and at BCC. I don't know what I want to get a degree in or what classes I want to take but I was looking last night at the types of classes they offer and there was this one class on American Humor that looked neat. Who knows if they'll offer it when I can/want to take it but if they do I might.

I'm just glad I probably won't have to go back to the H.O.M.E program. It isn't really bad just really easy and boring. I should really finish looking at the drivers book thing so I can take the test to get my learners permit. I t would be a lot easier to pick the classes I want when I'm not tied to other people driving me there. Anyway I hope this qualifies as real content and not just the boring stuff I've been posting on recently.

Comments:
Getting your driver's licence would be really nice. I'm trying to get mine so that I have options next year. I believe Rich is going to graduate summer quarter and since he's my primary ride to school things could be bad.

I would suggest picking a random degree. Your high school counselor can fit almost any class on that degree to fit whatever you need to take for your HS diploma.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]