Friday, February 18, 2005

I Have Another Break Goody For Me

I've been busy of late so I haven posted. My teacher was telling us yesterday of this guy how tried to scientifically prove that some races of people were better than others. I'm not racist or anything but I sure not objecting to his idea too much because it worked out really well for me. This guy said that Scandinavian people and German people were in the top of the totem pole. It does kind of dampen the idea because this man was of course Scandinavian and German. But look there it puts me at the top. Me being a little over 75% German and some thing like 1/8 Norwegian and 1/8 Swedish. Don't quote me on that my mom side is sketchy. If I listened to my grandma I would also be Cherokee Indian, yeah right. I'm pretty sure that other Germanic peoples like English and Celtic peoples were included. Than the next one down was what he called Alpine people. Then Mediterranean and Slavic. Black people and Asian people were down on the pole, to be sure. His way of determining it all was weird. If your facial features are more distinct, like a sharp nose or chin, than you were therefore more evolved because you looked very little like you did when you were a baby. I had been VERY bored before this subject came up so I was happy to be talking about something that interested and flattered me. I'm the only person in my class that is relatively concentrated in my heritage. Everyone else is a little bit of everything. I can thank my dad for my concentration(I sound like orange juice). He is full German. Now if you are some person just checking out my blog(I can dream) then you may what to know that my family is in no way responsible for killing Jews in WWII. At least not afar as I'm aware. Believe it or not on my dad's side I'm only a three generation American. That is to say[if your to lazy to do the math(or to dumb)] that my great-grandparents were born in Germany. Anyway I thought that was interesting.

I have this one thing I have to finish, then I'll post it.

Comments:
I am rather offended that Scandinavian people and German people would be ranked at the top of the totem pole as both are represented in my family. If you know anything about Native American culture, specifically the areas involving totem poles, you would know that being at the top is no honor at all. In their culture the strongest, most worthy individuals were placed at the bottom, the highest honor, because they were strong enough to support everyone above them. The higher up on the totem pole an individual was, the lower their status. I did find a study about races from Stanford that I might post if I can find it again.
 
I was just using a common saying. Yes I didn't know that or I would have done it the other way around.
 
If you're a 3rd generation American, then you most likely have family in Germany. And if that is the case, then they were either Nazis or dead because Hitler didn't really give them much of a choice in that matter. My great-grandparents were born in Germany. Then they became missionaries in Russia where most of their kids were born. When the communists took over the whole family was kicked out and they moved to Chicago. So my grandma is German, but moved from Russia and only spoke the low-German dialect until she was 6-7 when she learned American.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]