Thursday, January 20, 2005

"Page social events"

Ok my mom wants me to do this thing were I go to Olympia and I be a gopher for the government people their. It would be next week. This is why I'm soooooooo not doing it.

One: I'll be called a Page and have to were a red or green blazer.
Two:I'll have to stay with a family I don't know and it could possibly have seven stinky boys or nine needy little girl who adore me and won't leave me alone, both sound like hell to me.
Three:There are "Page social events" were I "hang-out" with other pages. The other Pages are most likely teenage boys who play on their computer all day and are gangily. Or teenage girls who are over achievers, super girlly, and I can't help but picturing them with headbands. Disgusting in other words.
Four: I would only get slightly more then half minimum wage! There cheapos'! Like thirty-five bucks a day or some thing! You would have to pay me a lot more then that to wear a "blazer."
Five:I have that week off with no homework! I have a week of heaven! No way can you get me to waste that on being a gopher!

My mom told me it would look good on my reseme. I told her that the only reason it would look good is because it involves the government. I told her I would rather work at Mickey D's and get minimum wage and not have to live it someone else's house. And why should that look better then that on my reseme? Working at Mickey D's would be harder. I still can't get over "Page social events" what do Pages do on "Page social events?"


Comments:
"it would look good is because it involves the government. I told her I would rather work at Mickey D's and get minimum wage "

Do I sense a loathing of government? Good for you.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Actually, my friend Ryan was a page and didn't hate it all too much. He actually got quite a lot out of it. He applied for the Air Force Academy and that requires signatures and letters of recommendation from at least one senator and one house rep. He met and worked for several of these kind of people and they seemed almost happy to sign his stuff for him. So meeting / sucking up to these kind of people can benefit you in the future. If this post shows up twice, I'm gonna be more pissed off with these computer than usual.
 
Crap, the servers are really messed up right now.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]