Sunday, January 30, 2005

I'm nosy I admit

Because Stranger-than-Fiction brought up the subject I will be delving in to the subject of "love." Well not so much love as the general area of liking people of the opposite sex. How to start? How about I ask a lot of nosy personal questions? I like the sound of that. But no, I would have to answer the questions too, so no. I just realized that the only interesting thing I have to say on this subject I'm not willing to tell you guys. So I will ask a Question. My Uncle is something like 12 years younger than his wife and I was wondering when is someone too far a part in age to be married? I personal would not marry anyone that I could have had. And I really don't what to marry anyone younger then two years younger then myself. I just can't see myself with someone my sister could like. I have less of a problem marrying someone older then myself. But not any older then at most, ten years. Really five or six is pushing it. Another question. What is something that you absolutely could not stand it your future spouse. Not the obvious please. Duh, no one who smokes, does drugs, isn't a Christian, is a drunk, is unfaithful, doesn't share your values, and all those good things. I could not stand to have a husband who is a football junky. I just hate football. I would mind if he when to a game every so often but more then that and no way. Or any other type of sports junky. I find it hard to believe I could ever love someone how doesn't like books either. The last question is, If you want to have kids at all, how many? I really don't know how many I want. At least two. After that it really depends. But I don't what all girls like my family and am willing to go to great lengths to keep that from being my fate. Anyway share your opinion on the matter.

Comments:
The older you get the farther apart the gap between ages can get. To a certain extent that is.

As for what you wouldn't be able to stand in your spouse: I guess I would say that I couldn't stand a person who always wanted to talk or chat and gossip, etc. That would be too draining for me I think.

As for children: I'd like to have about three to five children. I do not want to have a large family but at the same time I wouldn't want to have a small one. I guess it would break down as to what my spouse would want.
 
I think Matt's rule for age differences is half of your age + 8 as being the farthest away from your age when it comes to one limit of the spectrum and do the same for their age to get the other end. So for me my range is apparently 18-24, or so the formula says. So as a person increases in age that range increases as well. My friend Ryan has a mom who is currently 51, while his dad is 73 or something like that.
So to answer your questions, no 12 years isn’t necessarily too much of a difference. I probably could not marry an Idealist, too many feelings, not enough thinkings; probably either an ENTJ or an ISTP in the whole temperament department. I’d want a wife who likes sports a little more that I do, especially the cool ones that involve ice, snow, shooting, and/or racing.
So my ideal wife would be someone slightly shorter than I am and more athletic as well. Intelligence is definitely a must, so as witty humor. Similar interests, including outdoor stuff, paintball, books, music, and some video games are good too.
I think 3-4 kids would be sufficient, but since I’m not the one having them I don’t think I get the final say in that matter. But I definitely don’t want to have kids till I’ve been married 5-6 years first.
 
Yeah I wouldn't mind them being in to cool sports like skeleton, or BMX, or other nifty sports like those. In other words sports that interst me. Matts' way does seem to be right. I think it's best for seeing if the person you're dating is within your age range you should be dating. And it works if you do it at the time you plan on, or do, get married. But I don't think it works all the time, because it changes too much. I lot of it depends on the maturity of the person too. I would have to agree with you I could not marry an F. I just could not. I have a hard enough time being friends/being civil to them. Like wise I could never marry someone who is not as smart as myself. Smart it a different way yes, a little smarter yes, a lot smarter no.
 
You know Kristen is a ENTJ *raises eyebrows suggestively*. And she alread likes you. Sorry Neemund I tried to stop myself, I really did! But I couldn't resist!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]