Saturday, September 24, 2005

Why I don't hack, how I found out that a roast chicken and a severed human head are about the same size and weight and other things.

As school approached people kept pestering me about what I'm going to do for a living. I find this massly annoying. TBQelites brother even had the nerve to say that even though he didn't know what he wanted to do he probably had a better idea then me! Anyway that was irksome. And awhile ago Neemund got all pompous on me too, saying he's known what he's going to do for a long time and implied that I was crazy not to. What I should have said to the bottom-dweller, recently belittled my acquaintance...sorry couldn't help it. I wanted to say for heavens sake I should hope that a 21-year-old about to graduate knows what their going to do for the rest of their life, but I do not think that that is strictly necessary for a 16-year-old junior even if they are "going to college" this year. Kris was getting on me too. Oh, and have I mentioned that kris wants to be a personal shopper? *shakes head*

I never said I had no idea of what I want to do with my life did I? No I didn't. My Dad is a contest freak. When he's out of work he goes contest crazy. He will sit around the house listening to the radio so that he can (hopefully) call in to win some prize. He also enters lots of online contests. So, when we were at Dairy Queen the other day we were unable to ignore the cups telling us to enter the codes on their sides online to see if we won. Dad wasn't there physically but we were all hearing his voice telling us we had to enter those codes or we would never hear the end of it. So mom wrote them down so we didn't have to tote the empty cups around (we are able to ignore the voice of dad telling us to get refills fortunately). So I said that since the codes had a pattern we (we meaning me)could try random codes with the same patterns to see if we could win stuff. Mom laughed and said I should be a hacker. Now one of my goals in life is to become fabulously wealth and enjoy the job I do to get that way. And I want no excuse for the government to take that money away. So I don't think that I will peruse a job as a hacker. Mom also said that I should get a job like my uncle, working for the government. Now I have considered it. I like to think that I have the sort of talents that would make me good at such a job. Lord knows I like stuff like that. And it pays well. Maybe I will. I probably won't do the same thing as my uncle. Not that I have a good idea of what he does. That could be a problem...

Did you know that you can only put twenty things on hold at a time? That is somewhat annoying but I would go hold crazy without it so I'm glad it's there. I found this out while I put the second and third Darwin awards on hold, a book on all the things that cadavers are used for(and while I've only read the first two chapters it is already turning out to be very cool indeed), a bunch of Foxtrot, the complete far side chronicles, and a ridiculous amount of Monty Python videos, really I doubt that I'll get around to them all.

It is insanely easier to type on the school computers then on the one at home. Why is that?

Comments:
You don't need to have the rest of your life planned out. I sure don't. On the other hand you should have at least a general idea on what you want to major in. That way you won't waste time and money on unnecessary classes.

As for hacking, hacking can be a very honorable job. You just have to be a white hat. (White hats are good hackers who do things like help fix computer security, write cool and useful programs and create informative websites.)

Don't be a government parasite. You said that you don't want government taking your money. If that is the case, how do you justify taking a job that is funded by confiscating the wages of your fellow citizens?
 
Believe me. You want my uncle to keep his job, and that sort of government job is not leaching off the people. And when I was talking of not wanting the government to take any money I make away. I was not talking of taxes or stuff like that. I was talking of them taking ill-gottten money away if they were to find out about it. Like they would do to a drug dealer. Paper pushing fat-cats do get way more money then their job is worth. But not all government jobs are a waste of tax payers money. The army, the air force, the navy, the cost guard are all tax-funded and are all needed. No?
 
I have no recolection of said conversation. But being a freelance bum has been a goal of mine for quite some time. That and the other stuff that I want to do would require a few million in venture capital that will be a pain in the butt to get. But I know a few things that I don't want to do for a living such as: work for Disney, work with food, work with stupid people, have to answer to other people in my job, have to get up really early every day, or have everyone recognize me for my work whatever it may be.
 
Oh yeah and since I'm going to guess that most or all of you haven't seen You've Got Mail I should tell you that the bottow-dweller thing was a quote from that.
 
"TBQelites brother even had the nerve to say that even though he didn't know what he wanted to do he probably had a better idea then me!"

I laugh at that. I can bet which one said that too.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]